Micron Technology (MU) Sale of Lehi Fab Should Be Accretive to Financial Performance - JPMorgan
- U.S. stocks close down on news of Biden tax proposal
- Biden To Propose Capital Gains Tax As High As 43.4% For Wealthy - Bloomberg
- Intel (INTC) Tops Q1 EPS by 24c, Offers Guidance
- Snap (SNAP) Tops Q1 EPS by 5c, DAUs were 280 million, Offers Guidance
- Credit Suisse (CS) Falls 6% on 'Unacceptable Loss' as Exposure to Archegos Grew to More Than $20 Billion, Set to Raise Over $2 Billion to Support Liquidity
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
JPMorgan analyst Harlan Sur reiterated an Overweight rating and $130.00 price target on Micron Technology (NASDAQ: MU) after the company announced it is ceasing development of 3D XPoint and shifting resources to new memory products leveraging the industry connectivity standard interface Compute Express Link (CXL). In conjunction with the announcement, Micron is engaged in discussions for the sale of its Lehi, Utah facility that is dedicated to 3D XPoint production and is aiming to reach a sale agreement within CY21.
The analyst stated "It has been more than five years since Intel and Micron had jointly announced the technology and over a year since Micron introduced its X100 SSD based on 3D XPoint. As we have discussed since the inception of 3D XPoint, we felt it would take a number of years to bring products to market with significant investments in software and ecosystem development. In the meantime, 3D NAND has continued to become more cost competitive and DRAM, with lower latency, is increasingly required for datacenter workloads. Micron will take its learnings from its 3D XP development efforts and redeploy its resources toward industry standard CXL, an interface technology between CPU, memory, and storage."
Shares of Micron Technology closed at $90.30 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Micron’s Sixth Annual Sustainability Report Highlights Progress on Goals and Unwavering Commitment to Innovation and Advancing Society
- UPDATE: Wolfe Research Starts Oracle (ORCL) at Peerperform
- Micron Technology (MU) 30-day option implied volatility near low end of range
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!