McDonald's (MCD) in the Early Days of Accelerated Growth in Europe - BMO Capital
- U.S. stocks lower at close of trade; Dow Jones Industrial Average down 1.54%
- Micron Technology (MU) Shares Decline After Revenue, Guidance Misses Expectations
- Nike Shares Down 2% Despite Better Than Expected Q1 Results
- Apple (AAPL) Extends Decline as BofA Downgrades to Neutral on More Balanced Risk/Reward
- Meta Platforms (META) to Freeze Hiring and Restructure Teams - Bloomberg
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
BMO Capital Markets analyst Andrew Strelzik maintained an Outperform rating and upped the firm's price target on McDonald's (NYSE: MCD to $300 per share in a note to clients Tuesday.
The analyst told investors that they believe McDonald's is in the early days of realizing accelerated growth and share gains in Europe as the "pandemic propelled improvements in MCD's competitive positioning in
these key IOM markets."
"We first outlined this opportunity in our mid-2020 deep dive," said Strelzik. "With two additional years of data in this report, 1) MCD's progress is evident, and 2) we see ample runway for MCD to continue capturing stronger performance in Europe into the future. We view this as supportive of MCD's long-term growth outlook."
Strelzik feels the fast food giant is benefiting in Europe, and ample runway remains for accelerated performance based on a review of additional data.
"Restaurant transactions still well off pre-pandemic levels, supporting further opportunity. Total restaurant transactions in 2021 across MCD's top 10 Europe markets in IOM segment remained ~20% below pre-COVID levels. 2022 likely marked further recovery, but still well below 2019 similar to US," concluded the analyst.
By Sam Boughedda
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- First Solar (FSLR) 'Uniquely Positioned' to Capitalize on IRA Benefits - Evercore ISI
- Alibaba (BABA) Price is 'Attractive', Citi Sees Potential for Shares to Rally 70%+
- Whitecap Resources Inc. (WCP:CN) (SPGYF) PT Lowered to Cdn$13.50 at Stifel Canada
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst PT Change, Hot List
Related EntitiesBMO Capital
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!