Lynx Equity Strategies Back on the Micron (MU) Bull Side Ahead of Print, PT Raised to $110
- S&P 500, Dow climb for third day and close at records
- Tesla (TSLA) China Numbers 'Robust' - Wedbush
- Apple (AAPL) Shares Seen as 'Attractive' as Recent Checks Show Continuously Strong Demand - Citi
- Investors Poured More Money Into Stocks in Past 5 Months Than Last 12 Years, Says BofA, Analysts Worried About Stretched Valuations
- Amazon.com warehouse workers vote to reject forming union in Alabama
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
Lynx Equity Strategies analysts KC Rajkumar and Jahanara Nissar raised the price target on Micron (NASDAQ: MU) from $90 to $110 into results after the close. The analysts note an "unexpected" source of strength in mobile dram.
The analysts said they are detecting a degree of caution going into the print tonight versus the sense of enthusiasm earlier this month. However, they think it is now appropriate to get back on the long side ahead of the call tonight after stepping away ahead of an investor event earlier this month.
"We are raising our price target from $90 to $110 based on our view of demand tightening in a segment of the memory market that the Street has not yet woken up to," the analysts commented. "Back in Dec, we raised MU price target to $90 (link) in part based on our thesis of tightness in lpDDR5 due to AAPL’s M1 Mac adopting lpDDR5, typically favored by high-end smartphones, instead of DDR4 used in x86 Mac. Of late we have noticed what perhaps is an even more consequential change in the memory market. INTC has transitioned 10nm CPUs from PC-centric DDR4 to mobile-centric lpDDR4x."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Charles Schwab Corp. (SCHW) PT Raised to $76 at Jefferies Into EPS
- S&P Global (SPGI) PT Raised to $414 at Stifel, Raises Estimates
- Canadian Pacific Railway (CP:CN) (CP) PT Raised to Cdn$516 at Scotiabank
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, Trader Talk
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!