Lumentum (LITE) PT Raised to $123 at Needham & Company on COHR Merger Termination
- Wall Street ends week positively; S&P 500, Dow hit record highs
- Bitcoin (BTC) Drops 3% as Turkey Bans Cryptocurrency Payments Citing Lack of Regulatory Supervision
- Morgan Stanley (MS) Archegos-Related Loss Appears to be $911M
- Dollar at 4-week low on retreating Treasury yields
- J&J (JNJ) Privately Asked Rival Covid-19 Vaccine Makers to Inspect Clotting Risks, AstraZeneca (AZN) Said Yes but Pfizer (PFE) and Moderna (MRNA) Declined - Report
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Needham & Company analyst Alex Henderson raised the price target on Lumentum (NASDAQ: LITE) to $123.00 (from $120.00) while maintaining a Buy rating as it will to receive $217.6MM cash from the COHR merger termination.
The analyst commented, "Lumentum announced that it has received notice of Coherent's merger agreement termination. Additionally, Coherent announced today that its board has voted approve II-VI's latest bid for $220 in cash and 0.91 IIVI Shares for every COHR share. Due to Coherent's merger termination with Lumentum, Lumentum is expected to receive $217.6 million in a cash payment from Coherent due to the termination fee that was included in Lumentum and Coherent's signed definitive agreement from January 2021. This cash payment equates to nearly $3 per LITE share. As such, we are increasing our price target to $123 from $120 to reflect the future cash payment. What does Lumentum do now? It is hard to tell, but regardless, we do not believe Lumentum is under pressure to get a deal done given the cyclical upswing they are seeing in the markets."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Thermo Fisher Scientific (TMO) to Acquire PPD, Inc. (PPD) for $47.50/sh, $17.4 Billion
- Movida Participacoes SA (MOVI3:BZ) PT Lowered to R$20 at Morgan Stanley
- Lanxess AG (LXS:GR) (LNXSF) PT Raised to EUR61 at Morgan Stanley
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesNeedham & Company, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!