Kura Oncology (KURA): Positive Phase II Data on tipifarnib - Oppenheimer
- Wall St ends up with Goldman; Dow posts biggest weekly rise since June
- Goldman Sachs (GS) Smashes Analyst 3Q Views on Robust M&A and Underwriting Activity
- Tesla (TSLA) Stock: Jefferies Raises Price Target on Higher Capacity Ramp and Sustained Demand, Berlin Giga Will Set New Design and Assembly Standards Says Analyst
- Food, fuels lift U.S. import prices in September
- SEC to Allow First Ever Bitcoin (BTC) ETF - Report
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Oppenheimer analyst, Michelle Gibson, reiterated her Outperform rating on shares of Kura Oncology (NASDAQ: KURA) after the company announced positive topline results from a Phase 2 study of tipifarnib in advanced HRAS-mutant solid tumors. In the cohort comprising patients with non-hematologic malignancies other than thyroid cancer (n=11), two PRs were observed, both in patients with head and neck squamous cell carcinomas ("H&N", n=3). Kura will now begin enrolling an additional seven patients into the cohort, per trial protocol.
The analyst stated "We view this data as validating Kura's HRAS hypothesis for tipifarnib as a single-agent to inhibit HRAS-mediated MAPK-activation. Follow-up data is expected in 2017 (potentially ASCO), and we will be looking for further clarity on HRAS' role in these tumors, including as a driver-oncogene. We note, however, that tipifarnib's mechanism in HRAS is distinct from other indications (CMML, PTCL, MDS) being evaluated".
No change to the price target of $16.00
Shares of Kura Oncology closed at $4.36 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Turquoise Hill Resources (TRQ:CN) (TRQ) PT Lowered to Cdn$17 at BMO Capital
- Dye & Durham Ltd (DND:CN) PT Lowered to Cdn$44 at CIBC
- Labrador Iron Ore Royalty Corp (LIF:CN) (LIFZF) PT Lowered to Cdn$37.50 at BMO Capital
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, FDA
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!