Kroger (KR) Named Short-Term Catalyst Sell Idea at Deutsche Bank
- World stocks edge back, bond yields, COVID-19 cases rise
- IBM (IBM) Tops Q1 EPS by 14c, Revenue Beats
- Tesla's (TSLA) Musk says data logs from crashed vehicle show Autopilot was not enabled, car did not purchase FSD
- Oil hits $68 on Libya force majeure despite pandemic surge
- Oatly files for IPO; Plans to list on NASDAQ under the ticker 'OTLY' After 107% 2020 Revenue Growth
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
Deutsche Bank named Kroger (NYSE: KR) a Short-Term Catalyst Sell Idea.
Analyst Paul Trussell commented, "We are adding KR to our short-term Sell catalyst list as we are cautious around the near-term set up for KR with very difficult top-line compares (particularly in 1H), GPM pressure from cycling lower shrink and a muted promotional environment, potential incremental COVID costs lasting longer than anticipated, and continued digital growth impacting profitability. The company has performed well during the pandemic and provided above Street estimates for 2021 with the onus now on KR to demonstrate relatively strong momentum as it laps shutdowns from last year. Further, we note that KR is trading at a 12.8x P/E multiple to 2021 EPS (3-year average at 11.9x) compared to ACI at 10.3x and at a 6.6x EV/EBITDA multiple vs. ACI at 5.0x. Finally, KR is up 11% YTD compared to peers (ACI, SFM, WMT, COST, and DG) down 1% (S&P 500 up 6%)."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Citi Downgrades Nike (NKE) to Neutral
- TransAlta (TA:CN) (TAC) PT Raised to Cdn$13.50 at CIBC
- Gibson Energy (GEI:CN) (GBNXF) PT Lowered to Cdn$22 at CIBC
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Hot Comments, Short Sales
Related EntitiesDeutsche Bank, Standard & Poor's
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!