Keefe, Bruyette & Woods Upgrades JPMorgan (JPM) to Outperform; Dip Creates 'Quality Opportunity'
- Nasdaq closes lower as chipmaker Micron's warning renews tech rout
- Citi’s Top Equity Strategist Warns Analysts are Too Bullish on Stocks
- Bank of America Clients Continue to Buy the Rally, New Data Shows
- Novavax (NVAX) Crashes 30% After a Deep Guidance Cut, Analyst 'Frustrated'
- 'Hard to Say' Whether Current Crypto Bear Market is Over - Morgan Stanley
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
(Updated - February 13, 2018 8:54 AM EST)
(updated to add analyst comments)
Keefe, Bruyette & Woods upgraded JPMorgan (NYSE: JPM) from Market Perform to Outperform with a price target of $127.00.
Analyst Brian Kleinhanzl said the sell-off in bank stocks has created an opportunity for bank stock investors to upgrade quality at a reasonable valuation.
He notes shares of JPM currently trade at 11.3 times their 2019 EPS estimate and they believe the risk/reward is favorable at this time.
"We believe the market is pricing in a scenario for bank stocks, and JPM, that is overly pessimistic given our expectations for the macroenvironment near term," the analsyt commented. "We admit macro risks have increased, but it is when risks are increasing that we would expect higher-quality bank franchises - such as JPM - to outperform."
Shares of JPMorgan closed at $111.74 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: 3D Systems (DDD) PT Lowered to $9 at JPMorgan, 'We sense management will be more aggressive on cost cuts'
- Abrdn Plc (ABDN:LN) (SLFPY) PT Lowered to GBP1.75 at JPMorgan
- Softbank Group Corp. (9984:JP) (SFTBY) PT Lowered to JPY5,600 at HSBC
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Upgrades
Related EntitiesKeefe, Bruyette & Woods, JPMorgan
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!