Jefferies Survey Shows Beyond Meat Inc. (BYND) Competition Impacting Results, PT Lowered to $132
- Wall Street closes rollercoaster week sharply lower
- Invesco (IVZ) Reportedly in Talks to Merge With State Street's (STT) Asset Management Business, Citi Sees More Cons than Pros
- FDA Votes "No" on Pfizer (PFE) Booster for 16+ Age Group, 2 Yes 16 No
- Jefferies Raises Price Targets on Alphabet (GOOGL) and Facebook (FB) as They Are Still Inexpensive Relative to Growth, Reiterates Snap (SNAP) as a Best Growth Idea
- Tesla (TSLA) Could Deliver 900K EV Units This Year and 1.3M in 2022 - Wedbush
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
Jefferies analyst Rob Dickerson lowered the price target on Beyond Meat Inc. (NASDAQ: BYND) to $132.00 (from $140.00) after modeling a bottom-up QSR analysis that points to upside but also noted that U.S. retail trends and survey results point to elevated retail risk heading into the core grilling season. The combination of the two issues leaving the analyst below consensus.
The analyst reiterated a Hold rating, stating "Given the elevated competitive backdrop, constrained NT margin expansion potential due to higher brand investment needs, and valuation, we remain sidelined." He went on to state "recent tracked U.S. retail data shows that BYND has been gaining less share sequentially as Impossible and private label ramp. Additionally, when we asked consumers which plant-based brand they’ve purchased over the L3M and L12M, BYND saw the largest drop of the dozen brands listed. Given the highly competitive backdrop at retail, we’ve lowered our Retail revenue forecasts by ~7% on average for each of FY’21, FY’22, and FY’23."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Piper Sandler Downgrades Beyond Meat Inc. (BYND) to Underweight, IRI Points to a Miss
- BioMerieux (BIM:FP) (BMXMF) PT Raised to EUR110 at Berenberg
- Tullow Oil Plc. (TLW:LN) (TUWOY) PT Raised to GBP0.55 at Berenberg
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change, Hot Comments
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!