JPMorgan Says It 'Appears Crypto Markets Have Found a Floor' as Bitcoin Crosses $24k
- Wall St posts third straight quarterly loss as inflation weighs, recession looms
- Intel's Autonomous Unit Mobileye Files U.S. IPO, Defying Weak Market Conditions
- Nike (NKE) Drops 9% as Inventory Surges 44%, Analysts See Attractive Valuation
- Hollywood Super Agent Attempts to Open Door for Twitter-Musk Settlement - Bloomberg
- Dollar up on euro as quarter ends, commodity led currencies sink
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Bitcoin (BTC) is up over 4% today to see its price go above the $24,000 mark for the first time in the last 7 days. The world’s largest cryptocurrency has been making continued higher lows, indicating it is ready to break above the $25,000 handle for the first time since mid-June.
On what is helping crypto prices to increase after a mouth-watering drop of 75% since November last year, JPMorgan analyst Kenneth Worthington says:
“What has helped, we think, has been more limited new contagion from the collapse of Terra/Luna. However, we think the real driver has been the Ethereum merge and positive data following the launch of the Sapolia testnet in early July and Ropsten testnet in June, indicating the merge is viable in 2022,” Worthington said in a client note.
The Ethereum Merge is expected to be in September 2022 and will see the second-largest digital asset shift from the energy-intensive proof-of-work consensus mechanism to a more efficient proof-of-stake system.
Worthington adds that “it appears that the crypto-markets have found a floor” despite trading volumes still being depressed. In this context, the analyst notes that Coinbase lost ground to FTX in July.
By Senad Karaahmetovic
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Bank of America Doesn't Believe Cryptocurrencies and Risk Assets Could Rally Soon
- Micron Gains Despite a Big Guidance Miss, One Analyst Upgrades While Another Assigns a New Street Low PT
- Sentiment and Positioning is Now in Panic Territory, Citi's Levkovich Index Shows
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Cryptocurrency, Hot Comments
Related EntitiesJPMorgan, Bitcoin, Senad Karaahmetovic
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!