JPMorgan Reiterates Amazon, Booking, and Uber as Top Internet Stocks to Own
- Wall Street ends down, but indexes briefly cut losses after Fed minutes
- Bed Bath & Beyond (BBBY) Falls as Cohen Files to Sell His ~9.5M Shares
- Cisco Systems Reports Q4 Beat, Provides Outlook, Shares Up 3%
- Target (TGT) Falls on Big EPS Miss, Analyst Says Results are 'Disappointing'
- This Rule with a Perfect Track Record Says the Market Hasn't Bottomed - BofA
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
JPMorgan analyst Doug Anmuth revisited the bank’s research coverage of Internet stocks to cut estimates and price targets on 26 companies to reflect “macro pressures, FX, & company-specific dynamics.”
The analyst notes a deteriorating macro environment amid surging fuel prices and high inflation, while JPMorgan economists see a 66% chance of a recession over the next two years and an 83% chance over the next three years.
“The Internet sector continues to have secular growth, but it is far more mature than in 2008-2009, and the ability to offset broader, macro trends is more limited. As a result, all of our companies are at risk in a slowing environment. Our biggest estimate reductions come in Online Advertising & ECommerce, though we are also reducing numbers across Subscription/Online Education, Online Travel, Rides & Food, & Work Related names in anticipation of a weaker operating environment in 2H22 & into 2023,” Anmuth told clients in a note.
On a more positive note, the analyst sees many of these risks already priced in as he reiterated Amazon (NASDAQ: AMZN), Booking (NASDAQ: BKNG), and Uber (NASDAQ: UBER) as the Best Ideas in this sector.
Among other price target changes, Anmuth cut the price objective on Alphabet (NASDAQ: GOOGL) to $2,800.00, on Amazon to $175.00 from $200.00, on Meta Platforms (NASDAQ: META) to $225.00 from $275.00, on Netflix (NASDAQ: NFLX) to $230.00 from $300.00.
By Senad Karaahmetovic
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Amazon to Raise Seller Fees for Holidays, Analyst Sees Increased Focus on Margins
- UPDATE: bluebird bio's (BLUE) Zynteglo Gets FDA Approval - List Price In-Line Says Analyst
- Larsen & Toubro Ltd. (LT:IN) (LTOUF) PT Raised to INR2,250 at Credit Suisse
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst PT Change, Hot List
Related EntitiesJPMorgan, Senad Karaahmetovic
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!