JPMorgan Cuts Verizon (VZ) to Neutral as Industry Growth Slows, Capacity Increases
- Wall Street ends mixed after punishing week
- '3600 is the New Bull Case': Outflows from Energy and Materials Highest in Several Years - BofA
- Dollar catches a break after bruising week as investors turn risk averse
- Apple (AAPL) is a 'Compelling Name To Own' Right Now, iPhone Sales Trending Ahead of Guidance - Wedbush's Ives
- Deere (DE) Falls on Sales Miss, JPMorgan Sees 'Aggressive' Guidance and Downside Risk
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
Shares of Verizon (NYSE: VZ) are down about 0.5% in pre-market Wednesday after JPMorgan analyst Philip Cusick downgraded to Neutral from Overweight.
A new price target is $56.00 per share from the prior $62.00 to reflect concerns related to the subscriber growth outlook for postpaid phones in 2022 and the entire industry. The analyst expects Verizon to post subscriber losses beyond Q1.
“Competition remains high in wireless and likely gets more difficult as new supply comes on from C-band, T-Mobile’s 2.5 GHz spectrum, Dish’s eventual launch, and cable’s small cell efforts. Beyond fixed wireless broadband, this additional capacity could incent carriers to chase incremental subscribers or usage, resulting in even less competitive discipline than we have seen in recent times,” Cusick wrote in a client note.
The analyst also sees “limited growth upside for Verizon in wireless, no near-term buyback given the capex spend for C-Band and potentially a headwind from rising rates.”
Cusick’s move comes after the company yesterday reported Q4 EPS of $1.31, $0.02 better than the analyst estimate of $1.29. Revenue for the quarter came in at $34.1 billion versus the consensus estimate of $33.89 billion.
Verizon also said it expects FY2022 EPS of $5.40-$5.55, versus the consensus of $5.39.
Verizon stock price closed at $52.90 yesterday.
By Senad Karaahmetovic | [email protected]
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: BofA Securities Downgrades HP Enterprise (HPE) to Neutral; Backlog at Risk
- UPDATE: Vivos Therapeutics (VVOS) PT Lowered to $4 at Roth Capital
- RWE AG (RWE:GR) (RWNFF) PT Raised to EUR47.50 at UBS
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst PT Change, Downgrades
Related EntitiesJPMorgan, Senad Karaahmetovic
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!