Instagram (FB) Top Social Network for Teens, Piper Jaffray Survey Shows; Snapchat Gaining Steam
- Wall Street ends sharply lower in broad sell-off
- China Property Titan Evergrande (EGRNF) Collapses to 11-Year Lows, Analysts Wary of Domino Effect
- Apple (AAPL) iPhone 13 Has Strong Start with Positive Mix Skew - JP Morgan
- Oil falls 2% on risk aversion, dollar strength
- Pfizer (PFE), BioNTech (BNTX) Announce Positive Topline Results From Pivotal Trial of COVID-19 Vaccine in Children 5 to 11 Years
According to Piper Jaffray's 29th Semi-Annual Taking Stock With Teens survey, Instagram (owned by Facebook) remains the most important social network teens, although Snapchat is ramping quickly.
32% of teens called Instagram their most important social network. This was up from 30% in Spring 2014 and 17% in Spring 2013.
Facebook (NASDAQ: FB) saw their share drop to just 14% in Spring 2015 from 23% in Spring 2014 and 33% in Spring 2013.
24% of teens called Twitter (NYSE: TWTR) the most important social network, versus 27% in Spring 2014 and 30% in Spring 2013.
Meanwhile, Snapchat rose from nowhere to 13% in Spring 2015. It was zero in Spring of 2014.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Loop Capital Starts Verizon Communications (VZ) to Hold
- Twitter (TWTR) Announces Proposed Settlement of Consolidated Class Action Lawsuit
- UPDATE: Loop Capital Starts Charter Communications (CHTR) at Hold
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Insiders' Blog
Related EntitiesPiper Jaffray, Twitter
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!