India Could Change Apple (AAPL) Sentiment - Chowdhry
- S&P 500, Nasdaq slide as weak economic data, dire outlooks stoke recession fears
- 'Snap Drops a Bomb': Snap (SNAP) Stock Crashes Nearly 30% on Forecast Cut, Musk-Twitter Saga to Get a 'Whole Lot More Interesting' Says Analyst
- Bill Ackman Says Fed Must Aggressively Raise Rates Now to Combat Inflation or Economy Will Collapse
- Intuit Shares Gain 3% on Q3 Earnings Beat and Raise
- After-Hours Stock Movers 05/24: Wendy's Gains on Possible Peltz Deal, Nordstrom Up Following Earnings (more...)
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Global Equities Research analyst Trip Chowdhry said India could change the sentiment in Apple (NASDAQ: AAPL) stock. He views India as very under-penetrated for Apple with only ~$1 billion in revenues FY 2015.
- Tim Cook is landing in Mumbai tonight at mid-night - He is accompanied by 4 other executives, including COO Jeff Williams
- Tim Cook will be visiting Mumbai, Hydrabad and then Delhi....He will be in India for about one week
- Expectations are that Apple may make similar kind of Investments in India, as it did in China:
- To setup a retail presence in India, any MNC (Multi-National-Company), will need to be manufacturing at least 51% of the product in India
- Indian PM has set up "Make-In-India" program and when the PM Modi was in Silicon Valley last September, he met Tim Cook, and invited him to India
- Foxconn has purchased 1,200 acre land in the state of Maharastra (Mumbai is capital of Maharastra) to make iPhones in India
- Expectations are that within next 18 months some iPhone will be manufactured in India
- Because of the above, it is very likely that Apple will be allowed to own-and-opertate their own Apple Stores in India
- Tim Cook is expected to meet Executives from all major Indian Telecoms - Including: Reliance and Bharti Airtel
- In Hydrabad, Tim Cook is expected to meet the State Chief Minister (Chief Minister is like State Governor in US)
- Apple is creating a 1 million sq-ft development center in Hydrabad
- The final stop is Delhi, where Tim Cook will meet Indian Prime Minister Modi
- China and India can provide the much needed Organic growth for Apple - benefiting from both Organic Population Growth, and low iPhone penetration
- Tim Cook's next visit, after China and India should be Africa - as the countinent dynamics in Africa is similar to China and India (more on Apple's Africa Opportunity in detailed report later)
- We will continue to monitor Apple's Business and provide incremental updates and insights as and when we get
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Active options: AAPL TSLA SNAP FB AMD NVDA ZM TWTR BAC AMZN
- BPER Banca (BPE:IM) PT Raised to EUR2.90 at Jefferies
- Bankinter, S.A. (BKT:SM) (BKIMF) PT Raised to EUR6 at Jefferies
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments
Related EntitiesTrip Chowdhry
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!