IMAX Corporation (IMAX) PT Raised to $25 at Benchmark on F9'S Record Post-Pandemic Results
- Wall Street surges to all-time closing high on earnings, economic revival
- Was Intel's (INTC) Second Quarter a Speedbump or Inflection?
- Twitter (TWTR) Gains After Beating Q2 Estimates, Analysts Raise PTs as Brand Recovery Accelerates
- U.S. dollar on track for second week of gains; Fed meeting in focus
- Snap (SNAP) Surges 17% After Smashing Q2 Views Across the Board to Yield a Dozen Price Target Hikes
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Benchmark analyst Mike Hickey raised the price target on IMAX Corporation (NYSE: IMAX) to $25.00 while maintaining a Buy rating on the strength of movie F9, particularly in China.
The analyst commented, "F9 delivered an estimated $162M in its 8-market debut and $135M from China alone, the best post pandemic start for a Hollywood blockbuster, and the 2nd best launch for the series in the country. F9 is the first Hollywood film in 2 years to debut more than $100M in China. IMAX delivered its biggest post-pandemic opening weekend for a Hollywood film on the release of F9. F9 generated $14M across 800 IMAX screens. We see continued evidence of a box office rebound and incremental optimism over the return of Hollywood films to China. IMAX appears to be gaining market share as movie-goers trend toward a premium theatrical experience. We are raising IMAX global box office projections based on reported results, movie-goer momentum, and a compelling film slate."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Sands China Ltd. (1928:HK) (SCHYY) PT Lowered to HK$31 at Morgan Stanley
- Lenovo Group Ltd. (992:HK) (LNVGY) PT Lowered to HK$8.40 at Morgan Stanley
- Beijing Enterprises Holdings (392:HK) PT Lowered to HK$27.30 at HSBC
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst PT Change
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!