Home Depot (HD) Tops Expectations, Goldman Expects Positive Market Reaction
- Wall Street ends sharply higher as Treasury yields dip
- Apple Falls 4% on Report It Will Not Ramp Up iPhone 14 Production, Analyst Not Surprised
- Biogen (BIIB) Surges After 'Best-Case' Alzheimer's Drug Trial Results; Stock Earns Several Upgrades
- Europe Stock Outflows 'Worse Than During COVID Panic' - Citi
- Oil up 4% as Bulls Storm Back In on Hurricane, Crude Draw and Dollar Drop
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Home Depot (NYSE: HD) reported results for the second quarter that beat the average analyst estimate, although its shares are down 0.6% in premarket Tuesday.
HD reported earnings per share of $5.05 on revenue of $43.79 billion, which is better than the consensus of EPS of $4.98 on sales of $43.57 billion. Comparable sales came in at +5.8%, again better than the average analyst estimate of +4.56%.
The company also reiterated its full-year forecast that calls for comparable sales rising +3%.
Goldman Sachs analyst Kate McShane expects shares to react positively “given the top and bottom line beats and maintained 2022 guidance.”
“We think this quarter's results and any insight into Q3 provided on the call will alleviate some investor concern around the health of the category into the second half of 2022,” McShane added in a client note.
Credit Suisse analyst Dan Oppenheim said the maintained guidance is “impressive in light of the continued slowing of existing home sales, with turnover typically spurring some repair and remodeling activity.”
Telsey Advisory Group analyst Joseph Feldman also reflected positively on the results.
“Home Depot should remain a winner in retail, given its best-in-class execution, digital prowess, and hybrid work-from-home arrangements causing more maintenance and repair activity,” the analyst wrote in a note.
HD shares remain over 20% down YTD.
By Senad Karaahmetovic
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- GDP, Core PCE Prices, Nike Earnings: 3 Things to Watch
- Don't Expect Rebound in IPO Activity Anytime Soon - Goldman
- Software Maker Endava (DAVA) Beats Estimates, Reiterated as a Top Idea at Citi
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Earnings, Hot List
Related EntitiesCredit Suisse, Goldman Sachs, Earnings, Senad Karaahmetovic
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!