Goldman Sachs Starts Silvergate Capital Corp. (SI) at Neutral
- S&P 500 edges down on virus woes, slowing economy
- 'Becoming JP Morgan of the Future': Square (SQ) Dips on Deal to Acquire BNPL Afterpay For $29B in Stock, Benefits Outweigh High Price Says Analyst
- Oil falls over 3% on concerns over demand and OPEC supply boost
- ON Semiconductor (ON) Surges on Strong Q2 Results and Q3 Outlook
- Dollar wavers on dovish Fed tone, mixed economic outlook
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
Goldman Sachs analyst Will Nance initiates coverage on Silvergate Capital Corp. (NYSE: SI) with a Neutral rating and a price target of $120.00.
The analyst comments "Silvergate is a bank holding company that operates a differentiated real time payments network (the Silvergate Exchange Network - SEN) serving members of the cryptocurrency industry, and has leveraged its major first mover advantage to build a large client list that drives significant network effects across its business. While SI has seen impressive organic client growth, the rapid increase in cryptocurrency prices over the past year has also led to a very large increase in cryptocurrency related deposits (+189% YoY in 4Q20) and led the stock to increase 366% YoY in 2020. We see considerable runway for SI to grow its business, increase the monetization of its platform, and grow the top line, where we expect 23% top-line CAGR through 2025. With the stock trading at 3x tangible book value, ~24x our 2023E EPS and ~13x our 2023E sales we believe the stock is already pricing in the attractive growth profile of its business, and thus, we are launching coverage with a Neutral. However, SI has solid exposure to more means of exchange types of activities and is one of the best plays on the expanding use of stablecoins for commerce, which could lead to significant amounts of capital-light fee income and significant growth in earnings over time if broader adoption of stablecoins comes to fruition."
Shares of Silvergate Capital Corp. closed at $96.36 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Oppenheimer Starts Processa Pharmaceuticals (PCSA) at Outperform
- ON Semiconductor (ON) PT Raised to $60 at Rosenblatt Following 'Beat and Raise'
- Silicon Motion Technology (SIMO) PT Raised to $100 at Cowen
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, New Coverage
Related EntitiesGoldman Sachs, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!