General Electric's (GE) Outlook Call Highlights Financial Improvements But Cowen Sees the Stock as Fully Valued
- Wall Street rally fizzles out as Evergrande worries persist; Nike drops
- Over $100 Billion Wiped Off: Bitcoin (BTC) Price Falls As China's Central Bank Vows to Ban Cryptocurrency Trading
- Nike (NKE) Stock Falls On a Revenue Miss and Slashed FY Sales Outlook, Analysts Bullish Despite NT Supply Chain Challenges
- Oil heads for third straight week of gains as supply tightens
- Here's Why Meredith (MDP) Stock Price Soared 18% in After Hours
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Cowen analyst Gautam Khanna reiterated a Market Perform rating on General Electric (NYSE: GE) after the company hosted its outlook call that provided granularity on segment prospects, affirmed deleveraging plans, and made clear that segment leaders "buy-in" to the financial targets.
However, the analyst's valuation framework reveals limited upside despite the improvement in financial statements, leaving the analyst to state "we prefer a no-clutter valuation framework
that anchors to CEO Culp's aspirational (i.e. after C22) Industrial FCF/sales target of a high
single digit %. For context, C20 Industrial sales are guided to be near $85B, with $2-4B of
Industrial FCF ex pension & the subsidy for GE Capital. If sales compound at a 3-4% CAGR
through C23 (a bull case), a 9% ("HSD %") FCF/Industrial sales level would imply approx.
$8.5B of Industrial FCF before $1.5-3B needed for pension & Capital support. At 18-20x the
$5.5-7B of hypothetical C23 Industrial FCF, the implied equity value of the stock (assume
~$9B of net debt, 8.7B shares, & Capital = $0) is in a range of $11-13, in two years".
Shares of General Electric closed at $10.64 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- GE Healthcare (GE) to Acquire BK Medical for $1.45 Billion, Seen as a 'Solid Fit'
- Koito Manufacturing Co Ltd. (7276:JP) (KOTMF) PT Lowered to JPY8,500 at CLSA
- Honda Motor Co Ltd (7267:JP) (HMC) PT Raised to JPY4,800 at CLSA
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments
Related EntitiesCowen & Co
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!