Ford's (F) Mustang Mach-E Stole Major Market Share from Tesla (TSLA) in February - Morgan Stanley
- Wall Street ends volatile week sharply higher
- Disney (DIS) Dips As Streaming Business Shows Signs of Slowing Down, Analysts 'Very Bullish' on LT Opportunity
- Airbnb (ABNB) Bookings Up 52% to Help Sales Beat, Seen as a 'Blow Out Quarter' as More Upside is Left
- DoorDash (DASH) Reports Bigger Loss and a Sales Beat, Shares Soars on Strong Guidance and Two Upgrades to 'Buy'
- Coinbase (COIN) To Add Dogecoin Trading in the Next Few Weeks
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
While Battery Electric Vehicle (BEV) sales outgrew the total market by 40%, Tesla's share of the BEV market declined significantly to 69% versus 81% in the prior year. Jonas said the Ford Mustang Mach-E "accounted for nearly 100% of the share loss."
Some other notes on the EV sector, according to Jonas:
- While total industry sales on a selling day adjusted basis was -5.4% y/y, BEV sales came in at +34.1% y/y.
- Tesla nominal sales estimated at +5.4%; Non-Tesla BEV sales +104.9%
- Tesla accounted for 69% of BEV share vs. last year at 81%.
- BEV penetration for the month was 2.6% vs. 1.8% last year. However, BEV sales likely account for a higher percentage of revenue given their higher ASPs.
- Tesla’s 21,550 assumed US sales compared to the rest of the OEM BEV US sales of 9,527 which consists of: Jaguar, BMW, Porsche, Audi, Chevrolet, Hyundai, Kia, VW, Nissan, Volvo, Mini Cooper, Mercedes, Honda, Ford and Fiat. Tesla appears to be outselling the rest of the OEMs in BEVs by ~2.3x.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Fisker (FSR) Gains on Plans to Manufacture EVs With Foxconn in US, Morgan Stanley Reiterates FSR as a Top-Rated EV Startup Thesis as Bull Case Offers 800% Upside
- Coinbase (COIN) Gains as Revenue Triples, Analyst Raises PT on 'Robust' Activity Levels
- Tesla (TSLA) IV flat, shares drop below 200-day moving average
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Hot Comments, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesMorgan Stanley, Tesla
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!