Evercore Says Prudential Financial (PRU) Has The Capital to Fund Deal with ABC Life Insurance Co.
- Wall St posts third straight quarterly loss as inflation weighs, recession looms
- Intel's Autonomous Unit Mobileye Files U.S. IPO, Defying Weak Market Conditions
- Nike (NKE) Drops 9% as Inventory Surges 44%, Analysts See Attractive Valuation
- Hollywood Super Agent Attempts to Open Door for Twitter-Musk Settlement - Bloomberg
- Dollar up on euro as quarter ends, commodity led currencies sink
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Evercore Says Prudential Financial (NYSE: PRU) Has The Capital To Fund Deal with ABC Life Insurance Co.
Analyst Thomas Gallagher comments "We think PRU has enough excess capital to fund a potential deal of this size, though with weaker capital generation in 2022, sustaining share repurchase at a $1.5B level in 2023 could become more of a challenge unless PRU is able to free up more capital through additional risk transfer deals. While there are some geopolitical risks to consider, a bigger footprint in a faster growing market like China could be a good compliment to its slower growth but high quality Japanese business. With the disappointment of PRU’s last large deal, Assurance IQ in 2019, still fresh in investors’ minds, we think doing another $1B+ deal may be met with some initial skepticism, but our suspicion is that a traditional insurance deal like this could have a greater chance of succeeding."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Here's What Wall Street Has to Say About Bed Bath & Beyond (BBBY) Stock After Earnings
- Kioxia Wafer Cuts Positive for Micron (MU) and Western Digital (WDC) - Goldman Sachs
- Sun Hung Kai Properties Ltd (16:HK) (SUHJY) PT Lowered to HK$107.60 at HSBC
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Hot Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!