Electronic Arts (EA) Continues to Impress with Battlefield Portal - Jefferies
- Nasdaq futures tumble over 1% as surging bond yields hammer tech shares
- Ford (F) Stock Soars on $11.4 Billion EV Partnership with Battery Maker SK Innovation (SKOVF)
- Brent tops $80 a barrel on tighter supplies
- Piper Sandler Raises Estimates on Tesla (TSLA) Ahead of 'Best-Ever Quarter' in Q3
- Buy-the-dip Mentality Continues to Dominate, Last Week's $5.9 Billion Stock Inflows Were Fourth Largest Since 2008 - BofA
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Jefferies analyst Andy Uerkwitz reiterated a Buy rating and $165.00 price target on Electronic Arts (NASDAQ: EA) after the company revealed Battlefield Portal. Portal is the second of 3 core modes in the game and is a sandbox for users to create their own experiences using a selection of maps, classes, weapons, and vehicles from Battlefield 1942, Bad Company 2, and BF3 as well as everything new from 2042. The creations are sharable as User Generated Content. Portal brings back 6 classic maps recreated in Frostbite, in addition to 7 from the new game, for the most maps at launch for a BF game in the last decade.
The analyst stated "BF Portal is a surefire hit for fans of the series letting them mix and match their favorites from across the history of the franchise. However, we see this as another instance of EA appealing to its core fans and likely not something that is going to widen the reach of the title like an FTP mode would. This is not a bad thing as repairing the franchise should be the focus of Battlefield 2042. Without a doubt, this appears to be happening, reception remains very strong. The next test - beta testing - is in September."
Shares of Electronic Arts closed at $142.29 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Jefferies Starts Redwire (RDW) at Buy
- Towngas China Co Ltd. (1083:HK) (TGASF) PT Lowered to HK$7 at CLSA
- UPDATE: Evercore ISI Starts UPS (UPS) at Outperform
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!