EV Sales from China Firms Bode Well for Tesla (TSLA) Into Imminent Q1 Delivery Report - Analyst
- Wall Street ekes out gains to close languid week
- 'Faster than Porsche but Safer than Volvo': Tesla (TSLA) Begins Model S Plaid Deliveries, Priced Between $131,100 and $145,600
- Oil hits multi-year highs in third weekly gain on demand recovery
- Snowflake (SNOW) Falls Following Investor Day Despite Strong Guidance, Analysts Bullish But Say Investors May Have Wanted More
- Dollar looks stronger as euro and sterling dip
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
Tesla (NASDAQ: TSLA) will be releasing its first-quarter delivery figures in the next 24 hours and with analysts all over the place due to chip shortage worries, data this morning from Chinese EV rivals Nio (NYSE: NIO) and Xpeng (NYSE: XPEV) could prove positive for the U.S. EV giant.
Wedbush analyst Dan Ives highlights that Nio delivered 7,257 vehicles in March versus the firm's estimate of 6,000. Xpeng deliveries for March were 5,102 which were also ahead of Street whisper numbers.
"We also expect more good news out of China from Tesla over the next 24 hours with our expectations that Musk & Co. had a strong March in China with Model 3 sales exceeding Street expectations with S/X deliveries noise at this point," the analyst said.
On Wednesday, several analysts weighed in on the upcoming Q1 delivers numbers from Tesla:
- Credit Suisse analyst Dan Levy sees deliveries of ~175k, slightly ahead of the sell-side consensus 174k
- Ives sees 174k, in-line with the consensus (although he thinks the line in the sand for investors is 170K)
- New Street Research analyst Pierre Ferragu thinks Tesla will miss consensus by 5% due to the Model S&X delays and a slower than expected model Y ramp
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Tesla (TSLA) Launches Plaid, Reinforcing Impressive Performance Focus - Credit Suisse
- Vertex (VRTX) Plunges After Stopping VX-864 Into Late-Stage Development, Analysts Slash PTs to Reflect Lower Sales Estimates
- Incyte (INCY) Ruxolitinib PDUFA Extension Likely to Fuel More Black Box Warning Speculation - Stifel
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesCredit Suisse, Tesla, Model 3
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!