EU Approval of Tavneos Likely to Add Positive Tailwind to Shares of ChemoCentryx (CCXI) - Stifel
- S&P 500, Nasdaq slide as weak economic data, dire outlooks stoke recession fears
- 'Snap Drops a Bomb': Snap (SNAP) Stock Crashes Nearly 30% on Forecast Cut, Musk-Twitter Saga to Get a 'Whole Lot More Interesting' Says Analyst
- Bill Ackman Says Fed Must Aggressively Raise Rates Now to Combat Inflation or Economy Will Collapse
- Intuit Shares Gain 3% on Q3 Earnings Beat and Raise
- After-Hours Stock Movers 05/24: Wendy's Gains on Possible Peltz Deal, Nordstrom Up Following Earnings (more...)
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
The analyst quotes: "Today's EU approval for Tavneos (ANCA-associated vasculitis [AAV]) was expected, but likely adds positive tailwind to a stock that - like many other in biotech - have undergone significant weakness this year (-16% YTD). Approval in the EU marks the third in AAV (following US and Japan) for the drug that could translate to royalties for CCXI once commercial launch occurs in 1H22, in addition to a milestone payment. With today's news, commercial launch becomes the near-to-medium term primary focus for investors, but our main interest will be on the launch prep and initial feedback on the process (i.e., 4Q + early 1Q22) at the next earnings update. We continue to believe in a blockbuster opportunity in AAV. Reiterate Buy. "
Shares of ChemoCentryx closed at $30.70 yesterday.
Written by Vlad Schepkov | [email protected]
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Intuit (INTU) Tops Q3 EPS by 7c, Updates Guidance
- LiveRamp (RAMP) Misses Q4 EPS by 3c; Guides Below the Street
- MICT (MICT) Receives Nasdaq Non-Compliance Notice
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesStifel, Earnings, Vlad Schepkov
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!