DraftKings (DKNG) Shares Rally After Morgan Stanley Upgrade to Overweight, Analyst Sees 'Too Big an Opportunity to Ignore'
- Wall Street jumps on retailer outlook hikes, ebbing Fed fears
- Broadcom (AVGO) to Acquire VMware (VMW) for Approximately $61 Billion in Cash and Stock
- Ulta Beauty Shares Surge 8% on Q1 Beat and Raise
- NVIDIA (NVDA) Falls on Downbeat Guidance, Evercore ISI Remains a Buyer as Shares Trade Near an 'Estimated Floor of $150'
- After-Hours Stock Movers 05/26: Ulta, Dell Jump on Earnings; Gap, American Eagle Sink (more...)
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
Shares of DraftKings (NASDAQ: DKNG) are up nearly 10% today after Morgan Stanley analyst Thomas Allen upgraded to Overweight with the stock down around 75% off its 52-week high.
The analyst expects the gaming company to benefit from a “very large” New York sports betting/iGaming market. DKNG is seen as one of the share winners, while the investor sentiment on the other side is at “an all-time low”. Overall, the analyst sees an opportunity to invest for the long-term.
“NY results released Friday remind us how big and how concentrated an opportunity US sports betting / iGaming is. NY released results for its first 8 days of online sports betting on Friday. As we highlighted, the implied market revenue runrate is $1.9B, well above our prior $600m 2022 forecast and $1B 2025 forecast. AZ was the last large state to launch and similarly, annualized revenue is tracking at ~$400m vs. our pre- market launch 2022 forecast of $219m. While only 4 operators were live in the first 8 days of the NY market, it still showed how the leading players dominate, with DraftKings, FanDuel, and CZR at 98% / 99% of handle / GGR, with sub-scale RSI at just 2% / 1%. In AZ, the top 5 operators have had ~95% market share to-date, in a 9 operator market,” Allen said in a client note.
While Allen acknowledges “near- to medium-term profit concerns, he also reminds investors that “one should not ignore that DKNG is a leading market share player in what will be a very large profitable market.”
Including today’s rally, DKNG stock is still down nearly 25% YTD.
By Senad Karaahmetovic | [email protected]
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Citi Upgrades iQIYI (IQ) to Buy, 'Earlier Profitability Timing Sustained'
- Compagnie Financiere Richemont SA (CFR:SW) (CFRUY) PT Lowered to CHF120 at RBC Capital
- Scout24 AG (G24:GR) (SCOTF) PT Lowered to EUR67 at JPMorgan
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Hot Comments, Hot Upgrades, Upgrades
Related EntitiesMorgan Stanley, Senad Karaahmetovic
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!