Domino's Pizza (DPZ): Demand Weakness Concerns are 'Overblown', UBS Upgrades to Buy
- Wall Street mixed; Dow pressured by selloff in Salesforce shares
- S&P 500 to re-test lows in H1 and then rally to 4200 on Fed pivot signal - JPMorgan
- Salesforce (CRM) drops after soft results, MS sees attractive valuation
- Snowflake (SNOW) falls as macro headwinds drag on guidance, analysts remain upbeat
- Piper Sandler says Apple (AAPL) likely lost 9M iPhone 14 units, cuts revenue estimates
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
UBS analyst Dennis Geiger upgraded shares of Domino’s Pizza (NYSE: DPZ) to Buy from Neutral as he sees the attractive risk/reward.
Demand weakness concerns are “overblown,” Geiger argues in the upgrade note. The analyst sees catalysts that could accelerate US sales trends while also citing compelling long-term growth profile as factors that prompted him to upgrade DPZ shares to Buy. Moreover, UBS’ survey results showed solid demand for pizza and Domino's
“We see near-term catalysts to accelerate DPZ sales from: expected upcoming price increases on select promos, efforts to improve driver staffing shortages, and potential 3P delivery partnerships. Additionally, we believe DPZ should exhibit above avg resiliency in a pressured spending environment given leading value positioning and a very affordable dinner option for families,” Geiger said in a client note.
Aside from the U.S. market, Geiger lauds “best-in-class” global unit growth.
“We believe solid cash-on cash returns, fortressing success, and a store footprint w/ manageable competition & relatively low cannibalization (just 70 bps impact & trending lower) remain supportive of US unit growth accelerating to ~3-4%. Int'l whitespace, franchisee strength & brand positioning drive our est. ~7-8% growth outside the US, for ~6% global development.”
The analyst also slashed the price target to $385 from $430 per share to reflect lowered 2022/2023 estimates that reflect macro challenges and FX headwinds. Still, the new price target implies over 20% upside potential in DPZ shares.
DPZ shares are up over 3% in pre-open Tuesday.
By Senad Karaahmetovic
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- XPeng (H-Shares) (9868:HK) (XPEV) PT Raised to HK$34.78 at Citi, 5 Reasons to Stay 'Sell'
- Canadian National Resources (CNQ:CN) (CNQ) PT Raised to Cdn$97 at TD Securities
- XPeng (XPEV) PT Raised to $8.92 at Citi, 5 Reasons to Stay 'Sell'
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change, Hot List, Hot Upgrades, Upgrades
Related EntitiesUBS, Raising Prices, Pre Market Movers, Senad Karaahmetovic
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!