Dick's Sporting Goods (DKS) Comp Peak Was Likely 3Q - Raymond James
- Wall Street ends sharply higher, led by surging Dow
- Sanderson Farms (SAFM) Explores Sale - Report
- Amazon (AMZN) in Talks to Acquire Stake in Self-Driving Truck Startup Plus: Report
- Dollar dips after Fed rally, Bitcoin slumps
- 5 Companies Set to Hike Their Dividend Over the Next Few Weeks, 3 Dividend Aristocrats
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Raymond James analyst Matthew McClintock reiterated an Underperform rating on Dick's Sporting Goods (NYSE: DKS) on the belief that the 25% since bottoming in mid-August was based on hope that the company can sustainably comp positively north of 3.0% and that with a better topline outlook, operating margin expansion is on the horizon.
The analyst stated "This view has been fueled by DKS’s better than expected +3.2% comp result in 2Q19 as well channel checks indicating this strength has continued into 3Q19. To wit, we believe expectations are for as high of a comp as as 4.5-5.0% for 3Q19 (well above consensus of 2.9%). While we acknowledge current trends could very well be ahead of consensus expectations, we believe that this is largely priced into the stock. Furthermore, we believe 3Q19 likely represents a “top” for comps and that the topline will likely decelerate into 2020 (against sequentially toughening compares), thus creating a very difficult setup post the quarter".
Shares of Dick's Sporting Goods closed at $39.40 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Oil & Natural Gas Corp Ltd. (ONGC:IN) PT Raised to INR190 at BofA Securities
- Info Edge India Ltd. (INFOE:IN) PT Lowered to INR5,470 at CLSA
- Stifel Resumes Hub Group (HUBG) at Buy
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments
Related EntitiesRaymond James
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!