Deutsche Bank Downgrades Dynegy (DYN) to Sell
- S&P 500 ends lower after another wild ride
- Apple (AAPL) Tops Q1 EPS by 21c; Revenues Beat
- Visa (V) Shares Up 3% on Strong Q1 Beat
- 'An EV Cash Machine': Tesla (TSLA) Beats on Revenue and Profit But Supply Chain Warning Sends Shares Lower, Analysts Positive and Raise Numbers
- Western Digital (WDC) Shares Dropped 10% Despite Q2 Beat
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Deutsche Bank downgraded Dynegy (NYSE: DYN) from Hold to Sell with a price target of $6.00 (from $8.00). Analyst Abe Azar pointed out another 25% drop in New England capacity prices.
"New England's FCM11 (2020/2021) capacity auction cleared at $5.30/kWMonth ($174/MW-day), down 25% from $7.03/kW-Month ($231/MW-day) last year. The result was below consensus and is the 2nd straight year with a 25% drop. Stagnating demand, increasing renewables and a multi-year rate lock that skews efficient price formation all continue to weigh. In 2020, exposed companies will see negative deltas of ~$20M (1%) on the low end for Buyrated PEG to over $100M (8%) for Dynegy, which we are cutting to Sell from Hold. With both power and capacity backwardated, DYN is running up the down escalator on its de-levering plans," said Azar.
Shares of Dynegy closed at $8.70 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: RBC Capital Downgrades Ollie's Bargain Outlet (OLLI) to Sector Perform
- CES Energy Solutions Corp. (CEU:CN) (CESDF) PT Raised to Cdn$3.50 at Canaccord Genuity
- Total Energy Services (TOT:CN) (TOTZF) PT Raised to Cdn$10 at Canaccord Genuity
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change, Downgrades, Hot Comments, Hot Downgrades
Related EntitiesDeutsche Bank
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!