DA Davidson Downgrades Clorox (CLX) to Neutral as POS Turns Negative and Comps Get Tougher
- S&P 500, Dow dip ahead of earnings, inflation data
- Microsoft (MSFT) announces $19.7 billion acquisition of Nuance (NUAN)
- Alibaba (BABA) Gets a Record $2.8 Billion Anti-Monopoly Fine, Shares Soar as a 'Major Overhang' is Lifted
- Tesla (TSLA) Upgraded to 'Buy' at Canaccord Genuity and PT Raised by 155%, as it 'Holds a Several-Year Lead' in EV While Storage Business Accelerates
- Dollar drops as traders prepare for inflation data
(Updated - March 18, 2021 7:03 AM EDT)
DA Davidson analyst Linda Bolton Weiser downgraded Clorox (NYSE: CLX) from Buy to Neutral with a price target of $189.00 (from $234.00) as POS turned negative (-10.8%) due to the start of hard COVID-driven prior-year comps, which get even harder.
The analyst comments "In the four weeks ended March 7th, IRI data showed POS turned negative (-10.8%) due to the start of hard COVID-driven prior-year comps, which get even more difficult next month (+75%). March's POS is well below the Street's F4Q21E sales of -1.7%. We are reducing our sales and EPS estimates for F4Q21 and FY22 to further below consensus. With the Street at $8.35 for FY21, we think CLX could fail to raise and might even lower its guidance of $8.05-$8.25. We are lowering our target P/E to 23x from 28x, cutting our PT to $189 from $234, based on 23x CY22E EPS of $8.20 (reduced from $8.36), and downgrading to NEUTRAL from Buy."
Shares of Clorox closed at $189.59 yesterday.
You May Also Be Interested In
- JinkoSolar Holding Co., Ltd. (JKS) PT Lowered to $10.39 at GLJ Research
- Great Wall Motor Co Ltd. (2333:HK) (GWLLF) PT Raised to HK$4.30 at Goldman Sachs
- SAIC Motor Corp Ltd. (600104:CH) PT Raised to RMB20.80 at Goldman Sachs
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst PT Change, Downgrades, Hot Comments, Hot Downgrades
Related EntitiesD.A. Davidson
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!