Custody for Facebook's (FB) Novi a Win for Coinbase (COIN) - JMP
- Wall Street rallies, capping frenetic week with best day of the year
- Apple (AAPL) Stock Soars on Another Robust Quarter Fueled by Monster iPhone and Services Numbers, Analysts Raise PTs
- BofA Raises Inflation Forecasts for 2022, Expects Fed to Hike 7 Times in 2022
- Netflix (NFLX) CEO Hastings Buys ~$20 Million in Stock Following Sell-Off, Ackman's Big Bet
- Oil hits 7-year peak on political risks, supply crunch
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
The digital wallet will allow people to send and receive money abroad quickly and with no fees. Coinbase Custody will be engaged to support Novi.
Ryan, who rates Coin as Market Perform with a $330.00 per share price target, shared two key thoughts on the announcement.
- Novi adoption could represent an important catalyst for broader digital asset adoption over time and the expansion of the crypto economy,
- Another validation for Coinbase as a differentiated leader and partner in the development of the crypto economy.
“We continue to view Coinbase as a compelling story given that it has already achieved material scale yet we estimate it is still in its early innings of development and growth. Given the complex nature of the industry, we do not expect a linear path of growth for the stock, but we do see substantial optionality over time, particularly given our view that innovation will be tremendous and it is definitionally difficult to predict,” Ryan said in a client note.
The analyst has also discussed the recent Coinbase NFT marketplace, which has already attracted roughly 2.5 million sign-ups.
“The Novi announcement represents a nice example of how Coinbase is leveraging existing capabilities at scale, but we also remain quite bullish on additional product and service innovation from here, with the recent NFT announcement a good reminder of that..Coinbase aspires to grow well beyond its exchange and custody model, and with that said, NFTs represent both a rapidly growing market but also a natural extension for Coinbase. The NFT marketplace announcement was met with strong initial enthusiasm as the waitlist reached over a million users after just one day, and we note it has continued to grow over the past week,” the analyst added.
Shares of Coinbase closed at $305.63.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Meta Platforms (FB) in Talks to Sell its Crypto Project Diem to Silvergate Capital (SI) for $200 Million - WSJ
- Byggmax Group AB (BMAX:SS) PT Lowered to SEK57.50 at Barclays
- Pearson PLC (PSON:LN) (PSO) PT Lowered to GBP6.10 at Barclays
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Cryptocurrency, Hot Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!