Cowen Starts Groupon, Inc. (GRPN) at Underperform
- Wall Street dips as Fed meet gets underway
- DraftKings (DKNG) Plunges as Hindenburg's Report Indicates Betting Company's Links to Black Market Operations
- U.S. retail sales take step back as spending pivots to services, trend remains strong
- Amazon (AMZN) Reiterated as Top Pick, Set to Pass Walmart (WMT) Overall in 2022 - JPMorgan
- ZoomInfo (ZI) Gains After Setting $2 Billion 2025 Sales Target, Analysts Positive
Cowen initiates coverage on Groupon, Inc. (NASDAQ: GRPN) with a Underperform rating and a price target of $2.75.
Analyst commented, "Groupon leads in US/Europe voucher deals and has $6B in billings, but op. margins are low and trending down. While Groupon may eventually be a turnaround candidate, we are initiating Underperform on 1) growth figures that suggest the marketplace has peaked, 2) investment in hyper-competitive food delivery, and 3) deteriorating margins. We view shares as expensive given core EPS of ~$0.10."
Shares of Groupon, Inc. closed at $3.82 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: H.C. Wainwright Starts Exelixis (EXEL) at Buy
- MultiChoice Group Ltd. (MCG:SJ) (MCHOY) PT Raised to ZAR14.40 at UBS
- Jubilant Foodworks Ltd (JUBI:IN) PT Raised to INR2,900 at Credit Suisse
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Hot New Coverage, New Coverage
Related EntitiesCowen & Co
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!