Coinbase (COIN) Seen as a 'Meaningful Beneficiary' of the Ethereum (ETH) Merge
- S&P 500, Nasdaq close at fresh records on AI boost, easing yields
- Goldman removes Apple stock from 'US Conviction List - Directors' Cut'
- Boeing in talks to acquire Spirit AeroSystems, analysts discuss 'negative' financial benefits
- Stocks climb, yields fall as data supports rate cut bets
- Dell tops estimates on boost from AI-led server demand, shares jump premarket
JPMorgan analyst Kenneth B. Worthington believes Coinbase (NASDAQ: COIN) will be a “meaningful beneficiary” of the Ethereum (ETH) Merge.
The analyst notes that the crypto exchange has taken concrete steps recently “to maximize the value of Eth staking for its clients,” which should results in higher revenue generation for itself.
“We see the staking revenue opportunity bigger (proportionally) than the income opportunity given we expect Institutional staking clients will contribute meaningfully to Eth staking revenue, but much less so for Institutional customers. The vast majority of the economics remains with retail,” Worthington said in a client note.
The Ethereum Merge is likely to take place around September 15 and is considered to be one of the most important milestones in the history of cryptocurrencies. Coinbase is estimated to have a 15% market share of ETH assets.
“We estimate Coinbase incremental annual staking revenue from the Ethereum merge of $650mn based on $2,000Eth and a 5% Eth yield. We see incremental annual income of $80-$100mn of staking income,” Worthington added.
In addition to Coinbase, Worthington says that FTX, Gemini, and Binance are also likely to benefit from the Merge.
By Senad Karaahmetovic
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Coinbase (COIN) option implied volatility as share price trades $200
- Home Depot & Lowe's earnings: Citi discusses if we've reached the trough
- Tokens.com Provides Crypto Inventory Update
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Cryptocurrency, Hot Comments, Hot List
Related EntitiesJPMorgan, Senad Karaahmetovic
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!