Cohu (COHU) PT Lowered to $45 at Needham as Growth Shifts From Handlers to Testers
- Wall Street closes rollercoaster week sharply lower
- Invesco (IVZ) Reportedly in Talks to Merge With State Street's (STT) Asset Management Business, Citi Sees More Cons than Pros
- FDA Votes "No" on Pfizer (PFE) Booster for 16+ Age Group, 2 Yes 16 No
- Jefferies Raises Price Targets on Alphabet (GOOGL) and Facebook (FB) as They Are Still Inexpensive Relative to Growth, Reiterates Snap (SNAP) as a Best Growth Idea
- Tesla (TSLA) Could Deliver 900K EV Units This Year and 1.3M in 2022 - Wedbush
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
Needham & Company analyst Quinn Bolton lowered the price target on Cohu (NASDAQ: COHU) to $45.00 (from $55.00) after the company reported its first earnings post the divestiture of its PCB business. Despite the $14M handler revenue pushout from Q3 to Q4, Cohu's 2H21 revenue guidance is largely in-line but the gross margin guidance suggests that handler revenue will grow in Q3 and further weigh on corporate gross margin, despite the divestiture of PCB business that was margin dilutive.
The analyst reiterated a Buy rating, stating "Looking ahead into 2022, we believe Cohu's growth driver will shift from handlers to testers, as the automotive chip shortage abates and the 5G investment cycle continues. As such, we estimate Cohu's GM will improve next year despite overall revenue (ex PCB) remaining approximately flat. Due to a reset in GM expectations, we are lowering our EPS estimates and PT t o$45, now 15x our CY22 EPS estimate".
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- After a Series of Video Game Release Delays, BMO Downgrades Take-Two (TTWO) to Market Perform
- Pan African Resources PLC (PAF:LN) PT Lowered to GBP0.25 at Berenberg
- Norma Group SE (NOEJ:GR) PT Lowered to EUR54 at Berenberg
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesNeedham & Company, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!