Cloudflare (NET) best 2023 idea at Cowen, en-route to becoming a leading provider
- Wall Street ends down after stunning jobs growth raises Fed questions
- Elon Musk wins 'funding secured' trial
- U.S. nonfarm payroll growth blows past forecasts in January, up 517k
- Analysts defend Apple (AAPL) as earnings miss drags shares lower
- Amazon (AMZN) drops after earnings, analysts worried about AWS uncertainty
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Cowen reiterated an Outperform rating and $75 price target on Cloudflare (NYSE: NET) shares in a note Friday, stating it is one of the firm's best ideas for 2023.
Analyst Shaul Eyal said the firm is en route to becoming a "leading public cloud provider," and FY23 should be a year of continued healthy performance as Cloudflare lands new logos and expands its product portfolio with current customers.
"In our view, as an integrated global cloud platform provider, NET is a fast-growing public cloud provider in addition to a security provider. For 2022E, our revenue/EPS are in-line with the consensus $975M/$0.11. For
2023E, our revenue of $1,356M is ahead of the consensus is $1,318M; however our EPS of $0.12 is below the consensus $0.15. Our rating is based on valuation rather than estimates, and we believe NET's growth prospects call for a premium valuation vs. peers," wrote Eyal.
In addition, Cowen believes Cloudflare is "positioned to disrupt several market segments" that today account for over $115 billion of TAM, expected to reach $135 billion by 2024.
"NET is positioned to disrupt the networking, security, and telco markets, and opportunities such as serverless compute, IoT and 5G could enable additional growth. NET's long-term model calls for gross margins of 75%-77%, and operating margins of 20%," Eyal explained.
Cloudflare closed Friday's session down more than 2%.
By Sam Boughedda
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Cigna Corp. (CI) tops earnings, but misses revenue expectations
- Chipotle's drive-through lane growth not fully appreciated: Oppenheimer
- Mapletree Industrial Trust (MINT:SP) (MAPIF) PT Raised to SGD2.50 at JPMorgan
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, Hot List
Related EntitiesCowen & Co
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!