Clients are Buying Tech and Exiting 'Reflation Trades' - BofA's Flow Show
- Tech pulls Nasdaq, S&P 500 down as Treasury yields rise
- Merck (MRK) Said to Be Unidentified Suitor for Acceleron Pharma (XLRN), Not Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) - Report
- EV Company Polestar To Go Public Via $20 Billion SPAC Deal
- Amazon (AMZN) Price Target Lowered at Morgan Stanley Amid Rising Logistics Workforce Costs, Analyst Expects Stock to be Range Bound in Near Term
- Oil up on tight supply, Brent crude nears $80 a barrel
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
This week’s “Flow Show” from BofA points towards a continuation in the recent week’s trends as clients continue to add fixed-income assets and exit reflation trades.
Overall, clients poured $8.4 billion into bonds, $4.8 billion into cash, $3.3 billion to stocks, $1.0 billion from gold, which is higher inflows into the yellow metal than what we witnessed in the prior weeks.
BofA’s data shows that investors have poured about $600 billion in stocks year-to-end. Tech inflows have continued for the 4th straight week while investors are exiting reflation trades for the 5th straight week.
“For every $100 of inflow since Nov'20 outflow from value = $18, small cap $17, financials & materials $10,” BofA’s Chief Investment Strategist Michael Hartnett commented in a note.
Allocations of BofA’s private clients are 64.6% stocks (high), 18.1% bonds (low), and 10.9% cash. Total assets under management are $3.2 trillion.
These are the days to cherish, says Hartnett and further adds:
“Global government bond yield 0.4%, IG bonds 1.6%, EM sovereign bonds 3.5%, HY bonds 4.2%, 10-year UST yield back below dividend yield of S&P500...all despite $31tn of global monetary & fiscal stimulus, US debt per capita surging from $69k to $82k, >3.7bn Covid-19 vaccinations, shortest recession/fastest recovery of all-time, surging inflation…”
The strategist also notes that the last week witnessed the biggest outflow from EU stocks since Mar’21 ($0.7 billion).
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Last Week Marked Largest Outflows From Equities Since March 2020 and Biggest US Stocks Selling Since Early 2018 - BofA
- UPDATE: Oppenheimer Starts Blade Air Mobility (BLDE) at Outperform
- Summit Industrial Income REIT (SMU-U:CN) (SMMCF) PT Raised to Cdn$23 at Canaccord Genuity
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Hot Comments, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesStandard & Poor's
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!