Cisco (CSCO) Likely To Outperform Large Cap Tech, Raymond James Reiterates Outperform
- Nasdaq, S&P 500, close at records as jobless claims decline; Cigna slumps
- Moderna (MRNA) Tops Q2 Street Estimates, Nabs $4.2 Billion from 199 Million Sold Vaccines That Yielded 93% Efficacy Through Six Months
- Oil rises over 1% as Mideast tensions face virus concerns
- Penn National Gaming (PENN) 'Scores' with $2 Billion Deal to Acquire theScore (SCR), Seen as 'Highly Strategic'
- Uber (UBER) Beats Estimates As Higher Labor Spend Drags on Profitability, Analysts Lower PTs but Remain Bullish
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
Raymond James analyst Simon Leopold reiterated an Outperform rating and $60.00 price target on Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) after performing a deep dive on the company as he nears his 20th year of coverage. The shift to a software focus and unusual cash generating ability keeps him at a Buy rating but it should be viewed as an investment vehicle rather than a trading vehicle.
The analyst stated "The foundation of our thesis focuses on the culture that allows it to evolve. The strategy includes simultaneous investment in R&D and acquisitions. Further, its core competency stems from its sales channel and marketing prowess. In the current environment, we like the transition to a more softwarecentric business model, the opportunities arising from multi-cloud, and continued strong traffic growth. Considering its size and breadth, we see Cisco's results as linked to the macro economy, but it has shown the ability to outperform. Recent reports from other vendors exposed to similar customers have suggested slowing enterprise demand; Cisco is not immune, but may fair better than others".
Shares of Cisco closed at $57.00 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Options with increasing option implied volatility: CM CSCO TGT SPRT BILI CPNG
- UPDATE: RBC Capital Downgrades Karyopharm Therapeutics (KPTI) to Sector Perform
- Great-West Lifeco Inc (GWO:CN) (GWLIF) PT Raised to Cdn$41 at Scotiabank
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments
Related EntitiesRaymond James
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!