Checkmate Pharmaceuticals (CMPI) PT Lowered to $19 at Jefferies After IDRA Top Line Miss
- Tech stocks push S&P 500 to record close, buoy Nasdaq
- U.S. Calls for Pause of J&J (JNJ) Vaccine After Clotting Cases, Including One Death
- Coinbase (COIN) direct listing IPO reference price set at $250
- Biggest SPAC Deal Ever: Grab To Go Public in a $40 Billion Merger With Altimeter (AGC), Backed by Fidelity and BlackRock
- Oil rises after robust China data but J&J vaccine pause weighs
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Jefferies analyst Maury Raycroft lowered the price target on Checkmate Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ: CMPI) to $19.00 (from $23.00) after Idera Pharma's (NASDAQ: IDRA) pivotal of tilso+ipi (anti-CTLA-4) vs ipi alone in anti-PD-1 refractory melanoma (n=481) failed to meet ORR 1o endpoint, indicating addition of tilso had no added benefit on top of ipi in respect to ORR. IDRA is evaluating next steps regarding continuing ph.III to OS endpt. Ph.III combo ORR was 8.8% (vs 8.6% ipi) and DCR was 34.5% (vs 27.2% ipi). IDRA has another shot w/ ph.II (tilso+ipi+nivo) data in MSSCRC 3Q21, which could further shape our view on CMPI.
The analyst reiterated a Buy rating, stating "The IDRA top-line R/R melanoma ph.III miss has negative read to the TLR9 class, which includes CMPI's CMP-001. However, '001 structure+MOA and CMPI's melanoma ph.III (avoiding use of ipi) differentiate the CMPI program in important ways, which we continue to believe should set '001 apart in ph.III development. We decreased our '001 POS based on the IDRA update, which reduced our PT to $19".
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: JPMorgan Upgrades Spirit Airlines (SAVE) to Overweight
- Sika AG (SIKA:SW) (SKFOF) PT Raised to CHF321 at Goldman Sachs
- Deutsche Post AG (DPW:GR) (DPSGY) PT Raised to EUR62 at Deutsche Bank
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!