Calix (CALX) PT Raised to $40 at Jefferies After a Blowout Quarter That Bodes Well for Two Comps
- Wall Street ends week positively; S&P 500, Dow hit record highs
- Bitcoin (BTC) Drops 3% as Turkey Bans Cryptocurrency Payments Citing Lack of Regulatory Supervision
- Morgan Stanley (MS) Archegos-Related Loss Appears to be $911M
- Dollar at 4-week low on retreating Treasury yields
- J&J (JNJ) Privately Asked Rival Covid-19 Vaccine Makers to Inspect Clotting Risks, AstraZeneca (AZN) Said Yes but Pfizer (PFE) and Moderna (MRNA) Declined - Report
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Jefferies analyst George Notter raised the price target on Calix (NYSE: CALX) to $40.00 (from $35.00) after the company reported Revenue and EPS of $170M / $0.45 compared with the Street Consensus of $159.6M & $0.33,. The top line was strong in light of component supply challenges that shifted some business into Q1. Also, CenturyLink came in below 10% of sales. Small customers (<250K access lines) drove the results. The segment accounted for $144m (+65% Y/Y). The PT increase is predicated on 3 beliefs:
1) Calix Cloud will drive significant long-term upside to Street revenue/ EPS expectations and that this transformation is still at an early stage
2) the current WFH environment emphasizes the criticality of good consumer broadband services – a big positive for Calix
3) other catalysts have yet to play out (RDOF, potential Broadband Stimulus
The analyst reiterated a Buy rating, stating "Clearly, demand for rural broadband remains very strong, which bodes well for Cambium Networks (NASDAQ: CMBM) and ADTRAN, Inc. (NASDAQ: ADTN), two other rural broadband plays that we like." He went on to state "We estimate that Calix Cloud is tracking in the low- to midteens (i.e. 13-15%) as a percentage of total sales. Moreover, it is growing (90% Y/Y customer growth). Q4 gross margin, cash flow, and deferred revenue growth all support our Calix Cloud thesis."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Siemens AG (SIE:GR) (SIEGY) PT Raised to EUR170 at Jefferies
- Bayerische Motoren Werke AG (BMW:GR) (BMWYY) PT Raised to EUR108 at Goldman Sachs
- Babcock International Group Plc (BAB:LN) (BCKIF) PT Raised to GBP2.60 at Morgan Stanley
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!