Boston Beer Company (SAM) PT Lowered to $685 at Jefferies as Visibility is Now "Murky"
- Wall Street ends sharply lower in broad sell-off
- China Property Titan Evergrande (EGRNF) Collapses to 11-Year Lows, Analysts Wary of Domino Effect
- Apple (AAPL) iPhone 13 Has Strong Start with Positive Mix Skew - JP Morgan
- Oil falls 2% on risk aversion, dollar strength
- Pfizer (PFE), BioNTech (BNTX) Announce Positive Topline Results From Pivotal Trial of COVID-19 Vaccine in Children 5 to 11 Years
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Jefferies analyst Kevin Grundy lowered the price target on Boston Beer Company (NYSE: SAM) to $685.00 (from $760.00) after 2Q depletions/EPS of 24%/$4.72 missed Street est. of 39%/$6.67 and SAM cut its FY21 depletions outlook to 25-40% YoY (40-50% prior) and EPS to $18-$22 vs. $22-$26 prior, Street Consensus was $24.76.
The analyst reiterated an Underperform rating, stating "With ~50% of SAM's portfolio levered to hard seltzers, the co. cut its shipments / depletions outlook to +25-40%, which is now predicated on +20-50% seltzer category growth (vs. ~60-90%/~70-100% prior/initial outlook). Notably, mgmt. withdrew its formal seltzer category guidance, now calling +20-50% "reasonable," but caveated that it is based on third party ests. and visibility is "murky.""
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Loop Capital Starts Verizon Communications (VZ) to Hold
- Hunting Plc. (HTG:LN) (HNTIF) PT Lowered to GBP2.20 at Berenberg
- UPDATE: Loop Capital Starts Charter Communications (CHTR) at Hold
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!