Bluebird Bio's (BLUE) Abecma Becomes the First BCMA Targeting CAR-T Therapy to Reach the Market - Stifel
- S&P 500, Dow slip from record highs; Coca-Cola rises on results
- Bitcoin (BTC) Price Fell 20% Off the Highs Over the Weekend as Markets Got 'Too Excited' About Coinbase (COIN), Says Mike Novogratz
- UK to Intervene in Nvidia's (NVDA) ARM Deal, Analyst Says Although Intervention 'Carries Significant Weight,' NVDA is Still a Buy
- GameStop (GME) announces George Sherman will be stepping down as CEO
- Dollar slumps to 6-week low, Bitcoin steadies after weekend drop
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
Stifel analyst Benjamin J. Burnett reiterated a Hold rating and $31.00 price target on bluebird bio (NASDAQ: BLUE) after the company won FDA approval for Abecma (ide-cel), becoming the first BCMA targeting
CAR-T therapy to reach the market.
The analyst stated "We were surprised by a few aspects of the label: Abecma was approved for 5L+, versus our expectation of 4L+, and HLH was included as a black box warning. However, after reflecting on these points with a KOL (tertiary care physician who leads CAR-T efforts at his institution), we think neither will significantly impact adoption. He noted that though this is the first CAR-T label where we've seen HLH listed as a black box warning, the syndrome itself is not specific to Abecma and occurs with other approved CART's (such as Yescarata). For the stock, we think approval was mostly anticipated, though given recent regulatory setbacks with LentiGlobin and the early challenges of submitting the Abecma BLA, we expect shares to be up small. Our target price remains unchanged at $31/share".
Shares of bluebird bio closed at $32.50 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Emergent BioSolutions (EBS) Sinks as FDA Requests Pause of Further Production of J&J's (JNJ) COVID-19 Vaccine
- WSP Global Inc. (WSP:CN) (WSPOF) PT Raised to Cdn$137 at Canaccord Genuity
- Keyera Corp. (KEY:CN) (KEYUF) PT Raised to Cdn$27.50 at Stifel Canada
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments
Related EntitiesStifel, FDA
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!