Bloom Burton & Co. Discusses Chinook Therapeutics (KDNY) BION-1301 Data
- Dow ends at record high, Nasdaq falls as tech slides
- Trump's Facebook (FB) Ban Upheld, Oversight Board Asks Company to Come Up With a 'Proportionate Response' Going Forward
- PayPal (PYPL) Tops Q1 EPS by 21c, Offers Q2 and FY Guidance
- Peloton (PTON) Plunges After Recalling All Treadmills, Analyst Says Will Negatively Impact Broader Tread Rollout
- T-Mobile (TMUS) Gains After Topping Q1 Consensus as 5G Story Accelerates, 'More to Come' Says Analyst
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
Bloom Burton & Co. analyst Antonia Borovina reiterated a Buy (1) rating and $40.00 price target on Chinook Therapeutics (NASDAQ: KDNY) after the company presented several posters at the International Society of Nephrology World Congress of Nephrology, which
included, most notably, proof of mechanism biomarker data in healthy volunteers (HVs) from its ongoing phase 1a/1b trial of BION-1301. The current readout includes levels of galactose-deficient IgA (Gd-IgA1), the pathogenic form of IgA that is elevated in IgAN patients and is an early driver of disease pathogenesis (leads to the production of anti-Gd-IgA1 autoantibodies and the formation of immune complexes that result in kidney damage). BION-1301 reduced serum Gd-IgA1 levels by -55% on Day 29 (after the first 2 doses of 450 mg vs +6% with placebo) and -70% on Day 85 of follow-up (vs +4% with placebo), which was greater in magnitude than the reductions in total IgA (-70% vs -55% at Day 85).
The analyst stated "The incrementally greater reduction in Gd-IgA1 vs total IgA is consistent with the mechanism of action of BION-1301, since APRIL has been implicated in the increased formation of Gd-IgA1 in IgAN patients, and is consistent with data reported to date for competitor, atacicept. It may also somewhat increase the therapeutic window of BION-1301, since IgA is involved in mucosal immunity, although reductions in total IgA have not linked to significant infection risk."
Shares of Chinook Therapeutics closed at $15.24 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: BofA Securities Downgrades Peloton Interactive (PTON) to Neutral
- Lundin Energy AB (LUNE:SS) (LNEGY) PT Lowered to SEK294 at Deutsche Bank
- Amundi (AMUN:FP) (AMUDF) PT Raised to EUR79 at Deutsche Bank
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!