Barclays Breaks Down Their Deep Dive on German OEMs into 5 Tweets, Sees Tesla (TSLA) as 'Deeply Overvalued', 'Structural Short'
- Wall St ends lower, pulled down by tech stocks
- AT&T (T) to Merge Media Assets with Discovery (DISCA) in Blockbuster Deal, Valuation Estimated at $150 Billion
- Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway Enters Aon plc (AON), Sells Most of Wells Fargo (WFC) Stake
- Bitcoin (BTC) Hits 3-Month Lows Before Bouncing as Musk Confirms Tesla Has Not Sold Any BTC
- Morgan Stanley Sees a Path for Amazon.com (AMZN) to Hit $6,000 In the Next 12 Months
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Analyst Brian Johnson issued a 89-page report late Tuesday on German OEM approach to manufacturing EVs.
The following are five summaries from the bank, done in the spirit of Twitter's 140 character limit, that explain Johnson's view and he suspects dialing back robots won't be too helpful for GMs at Tesla (NASDAQ: TSLA), which is why he believes TSLA is "deeply overvalued" and a "structural short":
- Hey @elonmusk: German OEMs & other dinos you have mocked will be rolling out exciting new BEVs -- 6 new models in ’18, & 13 in’ 19.
- Production hell, nein; Industrie 4.0, ja: German mfg is state of the art now & gets better w/ a harmonious blend of humans + robots, AI, IoT.
- TSLA went a robot too far? Despite the quest for an “Alien Dreadnought” @elonmusk admitted that automation needs to be dialed back, is that good for gross margins?
- Showdown on scale: German OEMs will leverage scale economies either thru large native EV platforms (VW) or modular approaches (BMW).
- With solid & profitable EVs coming while TSLA struggles, legacy OEMs deserve rerating – BMW (European OW, Top Pick) and GM (OW in US Autos).
Johnson says BMW is a Top Pick while reiterating his negative view on TSLA which he has listed at Underweight with a $210.00 price target.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Michael Burry of 'The Big Short' Reveals $530 Million Bet Against Tesla (TSLA) - CNBC
- Tesla's (TSLA) Musk Says Hopes Berlin Production Can Start End-2021 - Bloomberg, Citing Comments to Germany's NTV/RTL
- BWX Ltd (BWX:AU) (BWXXF) PT Raised to AUD5.80 at CLSA
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments
Related EntitiesBarclays, Twitter, Tesla
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!