Baird Continues to Bet on Power of Apple's (AAPL) Platform; Sees $100B Buyback, Not Major M&A
- Wall Street ends volatile week sharply higher
- Disney (DIS) Dips As Streaming Business Shows Signs of Slowing Down, Analysts 'Very Bullish' on LT Opportunity
- Airbnb (ABNB) Bookings Up 52% to Help Sales Beat, Seen as a 'Blow Out Quarter' as More Upside is Left
- DoorDash (DASH) Reports Bigger Loss and a Sales Beat, Shares Soars on Strong Guidance and Two Upgrades to 'Buy'
- Coinbase (COIN) To Add Dogecoin Trading in the Next Few Weeks
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Baird analyst William Power is expecting Apple (NASDAQ: AAPL) to report solid Q1 results in-spite of possible risks to Q2 forecasts in light of iPhone X promotions and remains positive on the continuation of platform strengths, a plethora of growth opportunities and tax reform benefits. The analyst believes another iPhone cycle is likely in the fall and would be an aggressive buyer on any dips in the equity.
As for repatriated cash, Power sees Apple using the money to "super-size" the current buyback plan while increasing the dividend modestly. He suspects another $100 billion in buybacks could drive next year EPS levels up by nearly 10%
Further, Power is not expecting a major M&A transaction "just because it has more cash on-shore" and notes a Netflix (NASDAQ: NFLX) acquisition doesn't move the financial needle. The analyst also believes an entrance into autos via Tesla (NASDAQ: TSLA) seems unlikely.
Baird maintains an Outperform rating and price target of $190.00.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Fisker (FSR) Gains on Plans to Manufacture EVs With Foxconn in US, Morgan Stanley Reiterates FSR as a Top-Rated EV Startup Thesis as Bull Case Offers 800% Upside
- Jefferies Sees Yeti Holdings Inc. (YETI) Upside to $131 After Earnings
- WSP Global Inc. (WSP:CN) (WSPOF) PT Raised to Cdn$155 at TD Securities
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, Rumors, Stock Buybacks
Related EntitiesRobert W Baird, Tesla, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!