Baidu (BIDU) PT Lowered to $245 at US Tiger Securities Into Q1
- Stocks fall as central bankers say inflation outlook not improving
- Cisco (CSCO) Gains as Results, Guidance Signal Supply Constraints are Easing
- Amazon Poaches Netflix's Top Film Executive for its Entertainment Business - DJ
- Bed Bath & Beyond (BBBY) Falls as Cohen Files to Sell His ~9.5M Shares
- Cisco Systems Reports Q4 Beat, Provides Outlook, Shares Up 3%
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
US Tiger Securities analyst Bo Pei lowered the price target on Baidu (NASDAQ: BIDU) to $245.00 (from $250.00) while maintaining a Buy rating ahead of Q1 results.
The analyst commented, "Ahead of BIDU's 1Q22 earnings, we are maintaining our BUY rating but lowering PT to $245 (was $250). We expect 1Q results to be largely in line, but we are lowering our 2Q revenue and profit estimates to reflect the surging COVID-19 cases in Shanghai, on top of a soft macro outlook. We now expect BIDU core ad revenue to decline 9%/11% y/y in 1Q/2Q vs. prior (9%)/+1%. Thus, we are also lowering our profit estimates as digital ad is BIDU's profit engine. We still see positive y/y growth in 2H, assuming the COVID-19 cases can be controlled in 2Q. We are also adjusting down our growth estimate for BIDU's AI businesses (AI Cloud, Smart Transportation, ADAD, etc.), modeling 41% y/y growth for 2022 (vs. prior 45%). Overall, despite the macro challenges in the NT, we continue to like BIDU given its leadership in China's AI and autonomous driving markets and an attractive valuation (6x '23E EBITDA)."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Evercore ISI Downgrades Krispy Kreme (DNUT) to In Line
- UPDATE: Morgan Stanley Downgrades Elanco Animal Health (ELAN) to Equalweight
- UPDATE: Stifel Downgrades PerkinElmer (PKI) to Hold
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!