BTIG Positive on Beyond Meat's (BYND) Expanded Partnership With McDonald's (MCD), HSBC Upgrades to Hold
- Wall Street rallies, snaps longest weekly losing streak in decades
- 'Always Bet on Michael': Dell (DELL) Stock Soars After Crushing Estimates, Analysts Say Results are Impressive
- Credit Suisse Says Tesla (TSLA) Stock Offers an Attractive Entry Point, Sees Nearly 60% Upside From Here
- Citi Downgrades US Equities to Neutral on Recession Risk
- Elon Musk Says Recession Could Last 12 to 18 Months, But 'Actually a Good Thing'
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
McDonald’s is expanding the plant-based McPlant burger created with Beyond Meat to roughly 600 locations from the current 8.
BTIG analyst Peter Saleh reiterated a Neutral rating following the report but reflected in a positive manner.
“While we believe the sales benefit will be nominal for Beyond Meat in 2022, we believe this moves the product one step closer to a national launch, which could be worth several hundred million dollars. We applaud Beyond Meat's innovation, and increased distribution through McDonald's, KFC and eventually Pepsi, but await more concrete details on margin impact and sustainability of sales before becoming more constructive,” Saleh said in a client note.
Moreover, HSBC analysts Jeremy Fialko and Carlos Laboy upgraded BYND to Hold from Reduce with a $62.00 price target.
“We believe Beyond Meat is putting itself in a difficult position. The group is investing heavily in transforming the business from an asset light co-packer brand to a much more intensive end-to- end producer (all the while expanding base material capacity) which will mean that the next couple of years are heavy years of investment. At the same time, growth has stalled in a number of key markets. In US retail there is evidence that Beyond has been losing share to Impossible (which tends to perform better in taste tests) and as reported by a number of alt- meat players – there appears to have been a slow-down in the broader category,” analysts wrote in a report today.
BYND stock price is up 0.3% in pre-open Friday.
By Senad Karaahmetovic | [email protected]
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Ebara Corp. (6361:JP) (EBCOY) PT Lowered to JPY7,000 at Citi
- Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce (CM:CN) (CM) PT Lowered to Cdn$83 at BMO Capital
- Cranswick Plc. (CWK:LN) PT Lowered to GBP40 at Berenberg
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Upgrades
Related EntitiesHSBC, Pre Market Movers, BTIG, Senad Karaahmetovic
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!