BMO Capital Reiterates Outperform on Costco Wholesale (COST) Following 1Q Report
- Dow, S&P post worst week in months after hawkish Fed spooks investors
- Fed-fueled dollar rises as bears make for exits
- Adobe (ADBE) Edges Higher After Topping Q2 Estimates, Analysts Raise PT on 'Impressive' Performance
- Fed Statement Very Bullish for Tech Stocks, Focus on Cloud and Cyber Stocks - Wedbush
- You Fight Real Physical Inflation With Rate Hikes, Not Talk of Rate Hikes; Buy the Dip in Commodities, Gold Underpriced - Goldman Sachs
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
BMO Capital reiterated an Outperform rating and $180.00 price target on Costco Wholesale (NASDAQ: COST) following the company's 1Q earnings report. Costco reported adjusted EPS of $1.17. BMO raised our 2017 EPS estimates to $5.98 (from $5.90).
Analyst Kelly Bania commented, "Costco reported adjusted F1Q17 EPS of $1.17 which was in line with our below-consensus estimate, though we believe the quarter was stronger than the underlying headline figure would suggest as interchange fee savings from the new Citi/ Visa credit card were higher than our conservative forecast. We raise our EPS on lower SG&A (due to interchange fee savings) offset by more conservative comp assumptions and increased FX pressure in F2H17 based on current FX rates. We continue to rate COST shares Outperform with a $180 target price."
Shares of Costco Wholesale closed at $153.85 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- NorthWest Healthcare Properties REIT (NWH-U:CN) (NWHUF) PT Raised to Cdn$14.50 at BMO Capital
- Transmissora Alianca de Energia Eletrica SA (TAEE11:BZ) PT Raised to R$32 at Goldman Sachs
- Nissin Foods Holdings (2897:JP) (NFPDF) PT Lowered to JPY9,100 at Goldman Sachs
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesCiti, BMO Capital, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!