Axon Enterprise (AXON) Invests $90M in Israel's Cellebrite, Which is Going Public via a SPAC
- S&P 500 edges lower as investors hold their breath ahead of economic data
- BofA lifts S&P 500's year-end target to 5,400
- Goldman Sachs: Today's growth stock rally is unlike 90's tech bubble
- Apple hit with $2 billion EU antitrust fine in Spotify case, will appeal
- JetBlue, Spirit Airlines call off $3.8 billion merger on antitrust hurdle
Axon Enterprise (NASDAQ: AXON) disclosed it entered into a purchase agreement a $90 million stake in Cellebrite, which announced on Thursday it will go public in a merger with SPAC TWC Tech Holdings II Corp. (NASDAQ: TWCT)
Needham & Company analyst Scott Berg notes this is Axon's third recent minority stake taken and matches its theme of expanding its ecosystem with deeper financial ties. That said, "this deal feels different, maybe due to the price tag, but also because the Cellebrite platform is a natural extension of Evidence.com platform and Axon's RMS strategy," Berg said.
"The evidence analyzed and collected with the Cellebrite platform can be stored in the Evidence.com platform but combined with an RMS record," he added. "Because of this natural compatibility, we think this large investment could be the first step in Axon's ultimate acquisition of Cellebrite, even with the target's current $2.4Bproforma valuation."
reiterated a Buy rating and $190.00 price target on
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Southwestern Energy (SWN) PT Raised to $7 at Susquehanna
- Argus Upgrades NetApp (NTAP) to Buy, 'signs of accelerating demand momentum'
- BofA Securities Upgrades Ball Corp (BALL) to Buy, 'a beverage can rebound is gradually taking shape'
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Hot Comments, SPAC
Related EntitiesNeedham & Company, Definitive Agreement, SPAC
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!