Avis Budget (CAR) Gains on BofA Upgrade to Buy on Expected Upward Revisions to 2022+ Estimates
- S&P 500, Dow hit new highs; Big Tech struggles ahead of earnings
- Biggest Single EV Purchase Ever: Tesla (TSLA) Stock Soars as Hertz Orders 100,000 EVs in $4.2 Billion Deal, Analyst Bulled-up
- PayPal (PYPL) Stock Soars Over 6% on Confirmation It Won't Acquire Pinterest (PINS) 'At This Time'; PINS Stock Down 11%
- Oil prices reach multi-year highs on tight supply
- Tesla (TSLA): New Price Target of $1,200 Implies HALF the Company's Growth Target - Morgan Stanley
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
BofA analyst upgraded shares of Avis Budget (NASDAQ: CAR) to Buy from Neutral and raised the price target to $125.00 per share from the prior $90.00.
Shares of the company are up 2.2% in pre-open Thursday.
“Our Buy rating on Avis reflects our view that many of the macro factors driving “over-earning” by the company in 2021 will likely persist well into 2022, specifically limited incoming vehicle supply and tight average fleet, elevated revenue per day from the ongoing supply/demand imbalance, and moderated per unit fleet cost from elevated used vehicle pricing. Combined with ongoing execution by the company, this should result in upward revisions to 2022+ estimates that do not appear appreciated by the stock,” Murphy said in a client note.
The analyst bases his new price target on an EV/EBITDA multiple of roughly 10x on the bank’s 2022 estimates.
“Our assumed 10x EV/EBITDA multiple is above its post-crisis average (2010+), but still within a broader trading range of 4-12x+. We believe this multiple is appropriate as the tenets of our investment thesis continue to manifest. We also believe a multiple within range balances both the near-term upside earnings trajectory (including revisions) in the post-COVID recovery, as well as outstanding challenges to the rental car business model, both near-term (COVID-19, HTZ bankruptcy, etc.) and longer-term (mobility services, etc.) that CAR will need to address,” the analyst adds.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Evercore ISI Upgrades Essex Property Trust (ESS) to Outperform
- AUTO1 Group SE (AG1:GR) (ATOGF) PT Lowered to EUR50 at Deutsche Bank
- Sika AG (SIKA:SW) (SKFOF) PT Lowered to CHF370 at Barclays
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst PT Change, Upgrades
Related EntitiesEarnings, Pre Market Movers
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!