Apple Could Outperform Into iPhone Event but Overall Risk/Reward Unfavorable - Bernstein's Sacconaghi
- S&P 500 ends near two-year low as bear market deepens
- From TINA to TARA: Goldman Gets More Defensive, Downgrades Equities to Underweight
- Doubleline Capital's Gundlach Says He is Buying Treasurys
- Apollo Global Management Exploring Ryder System (R) Acquisition - Bloomberg
- BofA Clients are Buying Defensive Stocks, Shifting Away from Cyclicals - Analyst
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
Bernstein analyst Tony Sacconaghi remains cautious on Apple (NASDAQ: AAPL) stock given the elevated valuation.
The analyst reiterated a Market Perform rating on AAPL shares and a $170 per share price target.
“We see some opportunity for Apple to continue to outperform through its iPhone launch in September, per its historical pattern, but we believe risk/reward over the next 6 months - 2 years is neutral to modestly negative. AAPL trades at 26-27x earnings, well above historical levels on a relative basis (1.48x vs. 1.09x), and notably above other FAAMG names with higher growth,” Sacconaghi said in a client note.
Still, the analyst is not overly worried about Services growth deceleration. This business segment of Apple has decelerated for 4 consecutive quarters.
“Compares have been extraordinarily difficult, Apple TV+ accounting changes have impacted revenue growth, and Apple has still been growing services at 15% at constant currency,” the analyst added.
Even more positively, Sacconaghi sees Services continuing to grow at “a teens rate for the next 2-3+ years.”
“We believe that App Store can grow at double digits, Advertising at 20%+, the rest of the portfolio 8 - 10%, (driven by installed base growth and deeper penetration) and new service offerings. We forecast FY 23 services to grow at 14% vs. consensus at 12%,” Sacconaghi concluded.
Apple shares closed at $172.10 on Friday and remain only 3% down YTD.
By Senad Karaahmetovic
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Progress Software Corporation (PRGS) Tops Q3 EPS by 3c, Offers Guidance
- European Stocks Have Further to Fall, Goldman Warns
- Oil Price Forecast Slashed at Goldman Sachs on Demand Concerns
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Hot Comments, Hot List
Related EntitiesSanford C. Bernstein, Earnings, Senad Karaahmetovic
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!