Apple (AAPL) to Launch AR Headset in Late 2022, Long-Term Goal is to Replace iPhone with AR in Ten Years - TFI's Kuo
- Wall Street rallies, capping frenetic week with best day of the year
- Apple (AAPL) Stock Soars on Another Robust Quarter Fueled by Monster iPhone and Services Numbers, Analysts Raise PTs
- BofA Raises Inflation Forecasts for 2022, Expects Fed to Hike 7 Times in 2022
- Netflix (NFLX) CEO Hastings Buys ~$20 Million in Stock Following Sell-Off, Ackman's Big Bet
- Oil hits 7-year peak on political risks, supply crunch
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Apple (NASDAQ: AAPL) will launch an AR headset before the end of the next year and will be powered by the processor with the same computing power level as the Mac, according to analyst Ming-Chi Kuo.
The analyst names three key differences between the Apple AR headset and its competitors: 1) Mac-level computing power, 2) Can be operated independently, 3) Supports a wide range of applications.
“Apple's goal is to replace the iPhone with AR in ten years, representing the demand for ABF of AR headsets will exceed at least one billion pieces in ten years. Apple's sole ABF supplier, Unimicron, will be the leading beneficiary,” Kuo said in a client note.
“Currently, there are more than one billion active iPhone users. If Apple's goal is to replace the iPhone with AR in ten years, it means Apple will sell at least one billion AR devices in ten years. One of Apple's product positions for the AR device is to provide Mac-level computing power, so no matter how the form factors of the AR device change, it needs high-speed computing processors and ABF substrate,” the analyst added in a note.
Kup expects the launching event to take place in Q4 2022 with the Apple AR headset equipped with two processors.
The high-power processor will be similar to one installed in the Mac, while the lower-end processor will be designed to power sensor-related computing.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Apple (AAPL) PT Raised to $168 at Credit Suisse
- Active options: AAPL TSLA HOOD NVDA AMD LCID NIO MSFT
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 01/28: (CLFD) (PRVB) (TEAM) Higher; (HOOD) (WDC) (CVX) Lower (more...)
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Hot Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!