Apple (AAPL) iPhone 15 series should have 'more balanced' upgrades - Nomura
- Wall St falls as policymakers' comments fan rate hike worries; Alphabet slumps
- CVS Health (CVS) confirms deal to buy Oak Street Health (OSH) for $10.6 billion
- Uber (UBER) soars 8% on very strong results, analyst highlights 'monster EBITDA beat'
- Chipotle Mexican Grill (CMG) stock drops after 'disappointing' and 'choppy' Q4 results
- CVS Health (CVS) beats Q4 estimates, offers softer-than-expected guidance
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Nomura analyst Anne Lee said in a note to clients Monday that they believe Apple (NASDAQ: AAPL) the 2H23F iPhone 15 series should have more balanced upgrades for the lower-end and higher-end, unlike the iPhone 14 series.
"This could lead to a more balanced mix between lower-end and higher-end shipments for i15 (vs the 65-70% share of the mix for the higher-end Pro series for i14, but a miss on total volume, given the weakness in lower-end versions)," wrote Lee.
The analyst added that Nomura believes the upgrades in lower-end iPhone 15 and iPhone 15 Plus are more distinguishable to end consumers than the prior generation.
"1) lower-end i15 models will have new dynamic island design with pill-and-hole LTPS OLED displays (6.1” for i15, 6.7” for i15 Plus); 2) they will have main cameras (wide) upgraded to 48MP with image sensor size at 1/1.5” (slightly smaller than the i14 Pro’s 48MP sensor size, but much better than i14’s 12MP one); and 3) they will use the 4nm A16 (vs i14’s 5nm A15)," outlined Lee.
"Meanwhile, the upgrades for higher-end i15 Pro and i15 Ultra (or Pro Max) are less significant to consumers (except for the periscope camera, 8GB DRAM, and haptics-feedback buttons."
By Sam Boughedda.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Walmart (WMT) started at Overweight at Barclays on defensive characteristics
- BofA expects Cisco Systems (CSCO) to announce some major product releases in H2
- Active options: AMD AAPL AMC META ENPH ATVI CVS AI DIS BABA NFLX
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Hot List
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!