Apple (AAPL) Seen Having Issues With Metal Frame for iPhone 8, Official Launch Seen Delayed Until Late-October - Rosenblatt
- S&P 500, Dow end at record highs as weak jobs data eases rate worries
- U.S. Added Only 266,000 Jobs in April, Well Below Estimates
- Roku (ROKU) Surges After Crushing Profit Estimates to Prompt an Upgrade to 'Buy' at Loop Capital
- Dollar broadly weaker after U.S. jobs data disappoint
- Square (SQ) Tops Q1 EPS by 25c
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Rosenblatt analyst Jun Zhang advances yesterday's WSJ story about Apple (NASDAQ: AAPL) production issues noting their industry research suggests Apple is currently having some issues with metal frame of the iPhone 8.
They still expect the iPhone 8 to be announced in the September event, but the official launch will likely be delayed to late-October or later, Zhang said.
They do not believe Apple’s component suppliers will be impacted since Apple continues to pull in components as scheduled.
A potential delay in the iPhone 8 could give Samsung's Note 8 and Huawei’s Mate 10 more opportunities to take share, the analyst said.
Further, they continue to highlight Lumentum (NASDAQ: LITE), STMicro (NYSE: STM), AMS, Viavi (NASDAQ: VIAV), Power Integrated (NASDAQ: POWI), Cypress (NASDAQ: CY), and ON Semi (NASDAQ: ON) to likely benefit from content dollar growth in the iPhone 8.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Active options: AAPL TSLA PTON ROKU PLTR AMC BAC AMZN NIO
- Wartsila Oyj Abp (WRT1V:FH) (WRTBY) PT Raised to EUR9.20 at Goldman Sachs
- ChemoCentryx (CCXI) Crashes 55% on Mixed AdComm Results, Gets Downgraded at Five Firms
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Hot Comments, Trader Talk
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!