Apple (AAPL) Seen Having Issues With Metal Frame for iPhone 8, Official Launch Seen Delayed Until Late-October - Rosenblatt
- S&P 500 hits 2023 closing high as Powell strengthens peak rate bets
- Santa will continue to deliver - Stock Trader's Almanac
- 5 Tesla analysts weigh in as Tesla stock lags after Cybertruck updates
- Shares climb, dollar falls with Fed comments inspiring dovish bets
- Ulta Beauty lifts guidance after Q3 results beat estimates
Rosenblatt analyst Jun Zhang advances yesterday's WSJ story about Apple (NASDAQ: AAPL) production issues noting their industry research suggests Apple is currently having some issues with metal frame of the iPhone 8.
They still expect the iPhone 8 to be announced in the September event, but the official launch will likely be delayed to late-October or later, Zhang said.
They do not believe Apple’s component suppliers will be impacted since Apple continues to pull in components as scheduled.
A potential delay in the iPhone 8 could give Samsung's Note 8 and Huawei’s Mate 10 more opportunities to take share, the analyst said.
Further, they continue to highlight Lumentum (NASDAQ: LITE), STMicro (NYSE: STM), AMS, Viavi (NASDAQ: VIAV), Power Integrated (NASDAQ: POWI), Cypress (NASDAQ: CY), and ON Semi (NASDAQ: ON) to likely benefit from content dollar growth in the iPhone 8.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Apple (AAPL), Paramount (PARA) Discuss Bundling Their Streaming Services - WSJ
- Beer maker named to Goldman's highest conviction list
- Charlie Munger dies, dovish Fed comments fuel pivot bets - what's moving markets
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Hot Comments, Trader Talk
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!